The 2017 year was the first Pinot Nero that we made. We like this fruity and complex grape variety and the challenges that it gives both in the vineyard and vinery.
This is a wine based on our excitement of this extremely popular, but equally challenging and delicate grape. The choice was also preceded by the fact that the vineyard in Valdivilla is ideal for the Pinot Nero grape thanks to its great exposure, but also for the ideal soil. With sand, veins of limestone tufa it is perfect for guaranteeing the right mineral content and fullness of the fruit.
We will only produce approx. 1000 bottles of the 2017 year. The following years we expect to produce approx. 2000 bottles.
- Grape variety: 100% Pinit Nero
- Vineyard planted:2015
- Viticulture area: 5500 m2 south exposed vineyard 375 m above sea level
in Frazione Valdivilla, Santo Stefano Belbo
- Soil: Sand and limestones
- Climate: Cold winters with normal seasonal progression. Good rainfall, especially in the fall, summers are warm and dry with good humidity
- Pruning: Traditional Guyot’
- Harvest: Harvested by hand. Pinot Nero is usually harvested early September
- Vinification: Hereafter it is matured approx. 6 months French oak in barrels before being bottled.