The color of the wine is yellow with greenish hues, soft and persistent froth, fine and elegant bubbles.
The bouquet is complex, and showing character and elegance, with notes of green apples, white flowers, and crusty bread
The flavor has notes of white fruit, interesting mineral notes in the aftertaste
Ideal drinking time: Always
Serving suggestions: Thanks to its versatility, it is perfect as an aperitif or throughout a meal.
Serving temperature: Chilled to about 7 – 8°C
- Grape Variety: 70% Pinot Nero, 30% Chardonnay
- Climate: Continental climate, tempered by the Tanaro river that splits the region into three main zones.
- Vineyards: Around Santo Stefano Belbo approx. 400 m above sea level.
- Soil: Lime and sand
- Plant density: 5000 plants / hectare
- Yield per hectare: Approx. 9 tons
- Cultivation system: Traditional Guyot
- Harvest: Manual, harvested into small crates towards the end of August and the beginning of September, depending on the vintage
- Vinification: only the decanted free-run juice is used for the “cuvée”. After the first fermentation, the wine is left on its fine lees for 6 months. The second fermentation process takes place in the bottle where the wine spends at least 36 months in the aging cellar at a constant temperature at 14-15°